- Thursday March 30th, 2006 @ 9:03
LEISUREPLEX CHALLENGE WEEK 1 RESULT
CONGRATULATIONS to Tommy Quinn from Ballyfermot for correctly answering all 5 questions in The LEISUREPLEX CHALLENGE.
Listed below are the correct answers. The next challenge will be posted tomorrow.
1) Which current Championship player who recently won his first Irish cap under Steve Staunton played for the Saints before moving to Cork City in February 2003?
2) Why was 1929 a good year to be a Saint?
It was the year the Saints were formed.
3) Brazil have won the World Cup five times. Their first win came in 1958 in Sweden, can you name where they won their other titles?
2002: JAPAN/SOUTH KOREA
4) Which British team has won the European Cup more times than its own top league?
NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Forest won the English League in 1977/78 and went on to win the European Cup in 1978/79. The following year (79/80) they successfully defended it.
5) The English FA Cup has been won once by a non-league club do you know which club it was?
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR in 1901.
Visit the Leisureplex Website