St Patrick's Athletic FC has received an allocation of 200 tickets for their upcoming League of Ireland match with Shamrock Rovers at the Tallaght Stadium on April 25th.
This limited allocation will mean that many regular and longstanding supporters of St Pats will unfortunately be denied the opportunity to attend this game.
St Pats is now faced with the unenviable task of distributing these tickets for sale. While there is no ideal way to distribute such an allocation, following discussions with staff, volunteers and supporters the following system has been agreed.
· A small allocation of 20 tickets will be offered to the clubs' main and associate sponsors and the remaining 180 tickets has been distributed on a random basis as follows:
· A numbered list of named supporters of the club has been compiled.
· This list is based on the relationship that the club has with supporter groups – including 2009 season ticket holders, current patron scheme members, club and match day volunteers as well as player and corporate sponsors.
· Any supporter appearing across a number of groups receives multiple listings and therefore an increased chance of selection.
· 180 supporters will be drawn randomly and each supporter will be entitled to purchase 1 match ticket. Supporters are asked to pay for and collect their tickets by 5.30pm Wednesday April 22nd.
· The draw will be completed on Friday evening and the list of 180 supporters will be available on the website and also at the ground and from McDowells.
· A reserve list of 30 supporters will also be randomly drawn up for any returned or unwanted tickets.
The allocation of tickets to St Pats for this match is clearly insufficient but this is something beyond our control.
St Pats would ask for the patience and support of all fans in dealing with this and we thank you in advance for your co-operation.
|8||St. Patrick's Athletic||33||39|
|10||Galway United FC||33||35|